Its a new year and a clean slate! A great time to start fresh and get back on track after the holidays. My cousin who is a the most incredible Chef in San Fransisco, made this over the holidays and I couldn’t stop thinking, about it so I recreated a detox friendly version.
This amazing detox salad is a must make, I promise you will be craving left overs for breakfast the next morning.
Cauliflower Kale Salad
Roasted Cauliflower (you can premake and store in fridge until ready to use)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop 1 head of cauliflower and place on a baking sheet
- Toss with avocado oil and the juice of 1 lemon
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown
Dressing (you can also premake and store in fridge until ready to use)
- 1 shallot diced
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp of honey (or to taste)
- Mix together
- Thinly slice one apple
- Kale chopped into bit size pieces (remove thick stems), or half of a large bag of prechopped kale
- Shelled pistachos
- Optional: feta cheese
- Mix together + add in roasted cauliflower
- Add dressing to bowl and massage the kale salad with your hands. The kale will begin to wilt, similar to cooked spinach. This step is the secret for an amazing salad, as it makes the kale easier to digest.
Left overs can be stored in the fridge and enjoyed the next day. Enjoy!!